La Cañada Flintridge Sister Cities Association, Inc.
The LCF Sister Cities Association was incorporated as a California nonprofit public benefit corporation in early 2016. The City generously provided leadership and start-up funding and is helping send six local high school students to the Sister Cities International Youth Leadership Summit in Washington D.C. in July 2016.
A sister city program is an incredible opportunity to travel, build partnerships, promote peace and understanding, and have fun! The benefits to our community include:
- Making new friends around the world and learning about other cultures as well as our own
- Offering young people their first opportunity to travel abroad as a guest and not just a tourist
- Participating in arts and cultural exchanges
- Allowing for almost any type of exchange and letting people pursue activities that they are passionate about
- Creating a civic organization that anyone in our community can participate in, regardless of profession or background
- Being part of a 60 year-old peace-building movement
Sincerest thanks to our community sponsors who made it possible for La Cañada Flintridge to send six outstanding student representatives to Washington D.C. during the summer of 2016. Thank you City of La Cañada Flintridge, The La Cañada Pet Clinic and The Kiwanis Club of La Cañada – Noon!
For more information on Sister Cities International see: www.sistercities.org