Congratulations to the 2017-2018 Youth Group Executive Board
- President: Naomi Stephen – La Cañada High School
- VP: Stefan Markarian – La Cañada High School
- Membership: Stephanie Kiang La Cañada High School
- Secretary: Cinthya Hernandez – Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy
- Social/Event Coordinator: Kelly Steele – La Cañada High School
- Financial Secretary: Catherine Condit – Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy
The La Canada Flintridge Sister Cities Youth Group promotes global relationships through foreign exchange and community service. Local youth are invited to join this international awareness organization that provides our 4 high school youth the opportunity to develop international leadership skills and acquire a unique appreciation of other cultures. Students meet during the school year in specially planned activities that focus on global awareness. Students will meet quarterly on Sunday afternoons.
As we form our Sister Cities partnerships, our Youth Group members will work together to host events for visiting international youth and guests, and develop leadership skills in an educational environment that is fun and relevant to strengthening global awareness. Our Youth Group will also promote local and international community service projects and raise scholarship money for students to participate in official exchanges to our sister cities.
Youth Group Activities:
Form student clubs on campus to support the work of the Youth Group
- relating to politics and city government
- relating to our sister cities
Helping Other International Communities:
- Holiday drives to support communities in need
Helping Local Communities:
- Partnering with Kiwanis and Key club
- Choosing projects students are already involved in.
- To cover incidental club expenses related to attending Youth Summit and Exchanges
- To support the club’s activities
For more information, contact the LCF Sister Cities Youth Group Advisor Tamar Tujian Tamar@thetujians.com
Participating High Schools/ School Liaisons: